In this blog post we’re talking to the advanced enthusiast as well as the professional photographer and image maker looking for a new approach in promoting yourself, your creative work and photo services.
When digital photography started to take off and almost everyone started to carrying a digital camera, an off-shoot industry started to take root as well; the photo printing industry. Today it is a huge business and you can have your photographs printed on almost anything. If it can be printed on something, someone is undoubtedly offering to print your photos on it.
There are several options for creating your own Photo Coasters these days. One good idea is to purchase a stack of Coaster Factory Scrapbooking blank coasters. DIY (do-it-yourself) coaster crafts are hugely popular these days and you just might want to check out one of our previous blogs entitled "The Crafty business of Scrapbooking using Blank Coasters" for some interesting ideas. Although fun times on a rainy day, if you’re not into sticky kitchen table crafts, there are other options that will give you high-quality results that are truly professional looking.
Photo Coasters as promo cards. Show off your unique flair and awesome-ness will help you stand out in the sea of white-card stock photoed rectangle dullness.
Most photographers that have their own business or work as freelancers know it is important to build an identity to your photography business. This identity will help clients to easily remember you and get in touch with you.
Besides those memorable images you make, when you take a look at the most everlasting self-promotional items, they have one other thing in common and that is that each of them reinforces the look or brand of the business and you, the artist. To create a promotional campaign you have to take a long lens look at how you are going to present your work as an extension of your personality and your vision. You have to approach your self-promotion campaign to attract and inform while establishing who YOU are and how you approach your craft.
When you look at some of the techniques being employed by creative marketers today—their goal is to build a culture around their clients services and products reemphasizing the brand concept with every promotion.
Many savvy marketers turn to the promotional coaster concept to build awareness in their customers minds by bringing their product and services to the forefront. Well, the same goes for the photographer!
Make sure your photo coaster cards are loaded with your best sample and printed on both sides to maximize the space for your sales message.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Personalized custom photo coasters as THANK YOU cards – send one after each session. Write a handwritten note on the back of your promo photo coaster explaining how much you loved working with your client(s) and how much you value their support. This gesture will do wonders for your business and your customer will most certainly appreciate you more!
- Print different coasters for each of your specialty areas such as Landscape, Family Portraits, Weddings, Lifestyle, Documentary, Reportage etc.
- Leave your promo coasters at public places; restaurants, libraries, coffee shops, your local gym, etc.
- On the backside consider offering mini shoots, themed holiday shoots and portrait parties as a lower cost, higher volume service option. Speak in terms of benefits, not features. Talk about what they gain from having those options.
- Have different business coaster cards for your different specialties. If you do more than one type of photography, have cards for each type, so you hand out cards specific to the interests of the person asking.
- Don't forget the testimonials!
- Give out your photo coasters as special coupons to your friends to pass out to their friends.
- How do potential clients REALLY benefit from hiring YOU? Promote package deals on your photo coasters. Reward past clients with discounts and referral incentives.
- Use QR codes on your photo coasters to direct customer to special online discounts or coupons.
- Make sure you print your web address, Blog, online portfolio, Facebook and Twitter accounts on your promotional photo coaster.
- Turn your promo photo coasters into a referral system. Hand these out with every order so your past customers can spread the word easily for you.
- Donate a free session for a fundraiser auction – include a sample of your work printed on stacks of photo coasters.
- Show your best images on your photo coasters!
- ALWAYS OVER DELIVER!
Why not share the cost of printing your photo promo coasters by partnering up with another business (or co-sponsor) in order to help each other with marketing. Perhaps you could approach a clothing store about offering a photo shoot with their latest seasonal collection in exchange for holding a mini marathon session at the store?
Think outside the box and figure out where your clients are. This concept can be applied to any type of photography. Not everyone you approach will be receptive, so you keep trying until you find a good match.
Photo coasters are a great way to add that personal touch to a practical gift as well as a great party favor for any occasion.
Your guests will love to use coasters that reflect your personal interests and display your own favorite photographs.
Offer photo coasters to YOUR clients!
- Coasters for weddings as wedding coaster favors.
- Special occasion shots such as anniversaries and birthdays.
- Family portraits (Great as a hostess gift or for grandparents to show off their grandkids).
- Photos of places they've traveled.
- Seize the Christmas coaster card season!
In addition to the above, we are also able to produce drink coasters with a number of other cool features:
- Scented (Air Fresheners!) or Scratch 'n' Sniff
- Glow-in-the dark inks
- Scratch 'n' Win
- Thermographic inks (changes colour with temperature)
- Custom mixed colour match inks
We have a number of inks and different scents in stock, ready to personalize your drink coasters for maximum impact!
Ready to personalize your drink coasters for maximum impact! Do you have customization ideas you'd like to try? Talk to one of our representatives and we will look into it for you!
Click over to our Custom Coaster Quote Form.
Check out our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section for more on printing coasters.
COASTER FACTORY ONLY USES THE HIGHEST QUALITY ECO-FRIENDLY PULPBOARD MATERIALS.
Check out our stock custom coaster shape pricing options!!
Coaster Factory is North America’s premier coaster manufacturer, providing exceptional service and the highest quality custom coasters printed on authentic premium European pulpboard.
High Quality, Coaster Printing, Colors & Materials: Our offset presses print FULL color (CMYK) on BOTH sides of your coasters (spot color is available). Not only do Coaster Factory's authentic European Pulpboard coasters effectively absorb spills, they’re lightweight, firm, and look great too!
Great Prices: We offer competitive pricing on any size coaster order, from 1,200 into the millions! We have standard value pack pricing for most common quantities and can provide quotes for larger or customized orders. Have your artwork, logo, picture or design printed full color on both sides with many size and custom shape options.
Fast Delivery: Need your coasters quickly? Whether your order is large or small, you'll receive your custom coasters fast. We offer standard as well as GUARANTEED RUSH production options (extra fees apply).
CALL us at 1-866-BEERMAT
blog posts by Alex Zafer