Among the many decisions you will make when ordering your promotional coasters, such as the size and shape, there are two types of printing methods to consider. Which is the better fit for your project?
Benefits of Digital Printing
- Ideal for short run single sided printing needs. Suited for 500 or fewer coasters.
- Digital offers much faster turnaround times. You can have your printed coasters in your hands ASAP. It’s quicker to set up a job for digital printing and there’s no drying time.
- Digital printing is perfect for personalized print, promotional, and small biz.
- The finishing of digital print has a glossy look to it.
- Use it for: home, office, small business promo, weddings, parties, gifts and giveaways.
- Our Online Coaster Designer allows you to take control of the entire design process. Simply upload your graphic, customize the design look and feel, and click order.
- See it on your screen: Using The Coaster Designer is much easier to see a proof immediately of a digital file. This way you can have an accurate vision of what the end product will look like.
Benefits of Offset Printing
- Generally speaking the more you print, the cheaper it is. The setup process is more involved, but runs of 1,200 or more coasters, especially into the many thousands, is much more cost-effective in offset printing.
- Offset printing offers DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING capability on all high quantity print orders over 1,200 (need we say more?)
- Off-set printing jobs use a piggybacking method, which also makes this system more efficient. In the industry this is called gang-run printing. A method in which multiple printing projects are combined in an effort to reduce printing costs and waste.
- Generally speaking, offset printing provides a flat matte look, compared to the glossy look that results from digital printing. However, offset also offers a wide variety of ink options and capabilities such as gradients, vibrant colors, and metallics.
- Get the perfect match. Using the Pantone matching system, offset printing allows you to achieve consistency in your color choices to keep your brand colors true.
- More flexibility and amazing quality. Offset printing offers more selection for substrates (foils, fluorescent inks, glow in the dark). You can get fancy with your finishing with options such as UV spot gloss. This is a great option to highlight specific regions of your design with a glossy finish.
- Offset Printing offers the capability of Variable Printing. If you need to conceal a special code, message or prize offering. Scratch-n-Win options are popular forms of variable printing. Like a lotto ticket, this is a great idea for contests where a hidden code and/or message is revealed underneath by scratching a specific area of the coaster.
- Custom shapes and sizes of coasters. We’ll leave that to your imagination.
Which print process is superior?
Both are excellent options. If you’re looking to do something quickly, at a lower cost and volume, then digital is the way to go. However, if you are printing a large run, then you’ll want to go with offset. Either process will not leave you disappointed!
Coaster Factory is North America’s premier beer coaster manufacturer, providing exceptional service and the highest quality custom coasters printed on premium European pulpboard.
High Quality, Coaster Printing, Colors & Materials: Our offset presses print FULL color (CMYK) on BOTH sides of your coasters (spot color is available). Not only do Coaster Factory's authentic European Pulpboard coasters effectively absorb spills, they’re lightweight, firm, and look great too!
Great Prices: We offer competitive pricing on any size coaster order, from 1,200 into the millions! We have standard value pack pricing for most common quantities and can provide quotes for larger or customized orders. Have your artwork, logo, picture or design printed full color on both sides with many size and custom shape options.
Fast Delivery: Need your coasters quickly? Whether your order is large or small, you'll receive your custom coasters fast. We offer standard as well as GUARANTEED RUSH production options (extra fees apply).
Your brand is the most powerful tool in your toolbox and coasters are a unique, useful and cost effective way to promote your product or message. The biggest brands have known this for a very long time!
CALL us at 1-866-BEERMAT
Add an element of authenticity and flair to your promotion with these thick, durable coasters made with eco-friendly European pulp board printed with vegetable-based inks.
Need a quote? Click over to our Custom Coaster Quote Form. See our coaster designs by viewing our online Coaster Factory Showcase. Check out our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section.
Go OUTSIDE of the standard Circle or Square Shaped Coaster! Try these on for size --
Do you have customization ideas you'd like to try? Talk to one of our representatives and we will look into it for you! Check out our stock library coaster shape pricing options!!
~blog posts by Alex Zafer